Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Now That's More Like It

Coming to Canada I knew that it would be cold.  I knew there would be snow.  Indeed I knew that their winter lasted waaaaaaaay way longer than ours does in Australia.  What I didn't know however (or which I think I conveniently stored in the 'forgetaboutit' lobe in my brain) was that winter liked to make itself known every once in a while during spring, and possibly summer and then again in the fall.

We've had it all weather wise this week.  On Monday we woke at 6am to a woodpecker hammering away at the metal flue on the roof (spring) only to find that there was a light sprinkling of snow on the ground (hello winter!!) Temperatures didn't get much above 10c  and we were treated to hail, sleet, snow then a bit more snow that day (hello winter again!!). We also found out that the highways that connect Kelowna to the Lower Mainland had to be closed for a period of time due to heavy snowfall at the summit (about 50cm worth!!!).

Yesterday the weather was sunny but not warm.  Today however was sunny and warm enough that   Brendan's newly shaved head even got sunburnt (hello summer).   I do feel sorry for Bren - his head is very red and sore looking (picture the head of a matchstick) but I can't help feel a bit glad because it finally means that spring is getting its act together.  The weather on the weekend is supposed to be fine with temperatures in the early 20's.  Now that's more like it!!!  Oh and yes Bren will be wearing his trademark Akubra hat from now on (hey it might even keep his noggin warm if it snows on him).
The photos I've posted were taken a few weekends ago when the weather was just fabulous and the kids could get out and play to their hearts content.




















1 comment:

Helen said...

Looks wonderful! Is that a muddy soccer ball?