Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Bit of Movie Making Fun


We have been frantically trying to fit in as much snowboarding as possible these past few weeks. Our experiences therefore have revolved around this knee jarring, thrilling sport. I have taken a trillion photos and videos of us boarding, falling (me mostly), getting up again, boarding, boarding, boarding etc etc so decided to have a go at movie making this week rather than post still photos.  

The reason for our enthusiastic pursuit of the sport of snowboarding is that spring is fast approaching and with it significantly warmer weather.  So warm I have in fact seen cold weary Canadians wearing thongs (flip flops!!) and t-shirts and having discussions relating to the disassembling of personal skating rinks.  

With the advent of  this warm weather we are also seeing the snow melt at an extremely rapid rate and in turn make puddles of cold wet mud.  I am sure  that children under the age of 12 (ie my children)  gravitate towards this muck on auto pilot.   I am not certain whether or not I like the transition period between winter and spring.  Its kind of like being in  suspended animation.  I am mourning the disappearance of the snow, yet I am earnestly yearning for the last of the icy snow to melt and warm, sunny bike riding weather to grace us.   Regardless of the weather though we are still pursuing our goal of making the most of every opportunity and live our life to the full.  

"Think it more satisfactory to live richly than die rich."
– Sir Thomas Browne
   





1 comment:

Mama said...

WOW!!! Sky's the limit. This is brilliant, Nick.