Saturday, July 28, 2007

Winter in Australia

So we don't have much (well none actually) snow in Queensland, nor does mother nature herald the seasons quite so dramatically as in other states or countries in the world, nor do we have to buy huge jackets, toques, mittens, boots etc etc to keep us warm (damn!!) but I tell you what I absolutley love winter on the Gold Coast. I can walk outside without shoes on, I can take the boys to the beach and they can swim and play near the water without getting too cold, we can still feel the warmth of the sun on our faces.
I am reflecting on this as I think about my day. It was a magnificent 24+c today and I took the boys down to the beach where we played by the water, dug holes looking for soldier crabs, ate fish and chips, fed the seagulls and just had a really great day together. I really love winter in Australia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

comment from Griffin...

"some funny pictures, umm, it looked like you were trying to fly in one Nicki..."

from Laureen...
so fun keeping up with your blog...glad to hear it's 24 in winter - we can definately handle that!

from Griff...your dog is big!

Love you all,
laureen