Monday, December 31, 2012

Snowboarding Demon

Heeeeelllppp!!  I need more time.... My big boy is already doing jumps on his snowboard.... And not just jumps off a small snow mound but jumps OVER people.  I need time to not only process this information but time to recognise that my boy is already doing crazy stunts on a piece of apparatus that he has only just been introduced to.

I had thought that  it would take a number of lessons and a number of hours of practice before he was at such a skill level and that I would be able to slowly get used to him being on a snowboard in the first place. 

I really shouldn't be surprised though.  He is after all Brendan's son.  In so many ways he is taking after his Dad.  He is smart as a tack, loving, loyal and a enjoys anything that involves speed and adrenalin.  So I guess I should just resign myself to the fact that Caleb will be participate in crazy stunts and go hard in most physical endeavours.  I think I need to take some deep breaths and maybe close my eyes a bit more.








5 comments:

zac george said...

go caleb

Grandad said...

Great jumps Caleb - and a couple of "cool dudes" to snowboard over!! Love Grandad.

Anonymous said...

Hi We Four Mallyons,looks like your all having a lot of fun,so much snow.Great photos.from Debbie and Gerry.xx

Melody Mallyon said...

Who’s idea is this? Inherited or coached??? As soon as I saw these shots, my memories immediately flashed to a particular day when I heard the accelerated revving of an MR 50 motorbike and looked out the window to witness my eldest son (younger than Caleb at the time) jumping over 3 mates and his little brother lying on the ground. Despite my reasoning on safety, this became a dare devil sport – without mishap, praise the Lord. After that introduction to adrenalin both on Brendan’s part and mine in anticipation, nothing surprises me. Quite surreal to see a replay of my son’s childhood. Well done Caleb!!

Anonymous said...

Loving it - Vee x